Friday, February 27, 2015

Bye, February!

Wow. The second month of 2015 is done.  I don't think I'm keeping up very well.  I'm even late with my Friday Fave Fives.  Here are my 'stop and breathe and be thankful' moments from this week.

1.  Fave!  A hike with my hubby!  Between the three or four grey days this week, we have had beautiful, brilliant, sunny days.  One of those sunshiny days we decided to hike in Hill Canyon (again).  Before, we have always walked in the canyon, but this time we trekked up the side, navigating the switchbacks to get up to the top.  It was worth the walk!


2.  Fave!  Did you notice the yellow dots?  Those are correopsis flowers, a California native spring blooming bush.  Evidently you can't take too many photos of blooming correopsis.  I had to cull through and only choose a couple pictures.  Love these flowers!




3.  Fave!  Did you see the musical video of the llamas on the loose in Sun City, Arizona?  I laughed out loud the whole way through!  Love those llamas!


4.  Fave!  Some new reading and dreaming material.  A lady in my Tuesday Bible Study group gifted me some knitting books and patterns.  Since she no longer knits, she wanted me to have them.  Ones I won't use I will pass on to other knitters.  Yay for new knitting ideas!

5.  Fave! Another walk, this time by myself in the hills above my neighborhood.  Lured onto the trail by the sight of more correopsis, I followed the trail above the dry creek bed to capture more pictures. 





No, you can't take too many photos of these wonderful spring blooms.  They will be gone in a week or two so I enjoy them while I can.


A little bonus bloom:  lupine

13 comments:

ellen b said...

Lovely! I miss seeing the correopsis! Such a happy thing to see on the hillsides! Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

I used to have coreopsis in my garden. I had no idea it was native Californian. In spite of the cold temps, we are enjoying beautiful blue skies and sunshine! It's not exactly hiking weather, though....MARY

Jerralea said...

Love seeing the spring blooms! Thank you for sharing them.

New books and ideas are always welcome!

Faith said...

Yay for a hike and beautiful spring flowers!! It's far from spring here in NY but at least today is above freezing!! a whopping 34 degrees! so tomorrow a friend of mine and I are doing 2 short local hikes in state parks and historical areas near my home. I'm hoping it will be sunny again tomorrow! That was nice of your friend to pass down the knitting supplies and books! i love books!! Happy weekend!

Flower said...

The coreopsis are so pretty! Spring is a lovely time to discover flora unfolding!
Thanks for sharing your finds!

nikkipolani said...

The hills on my commute tend to be filled with yellow mustard flowers rather than correopsis :-( but it's good to know they are thriving on your hills.

And lupines! Aren't they fantastic?

snoopydogknits said...

Oh how lovely! Thanks for sharing such pretty flower pics. Ros

Barbara H. said...

I hadn't seen the llamas - it's a wonder they didn't get hit by a car.

Looks like such lovely weather, and what a joy to see flowers blooming. Glad you've been able to have a few nice walks, and new knitting resources.

Susanne said...

What a gorgeous hike! And no you can't take too many pics of those cheery yellow flowers in the months of Feb/March. Those naughty llamas! Glad there was no accidents in that little jaunt! Makes me wonder why they didn't try to tempt them with food or something rather than just chasing them around. LOL. Shared it with my BIL who has had a few naughty llamas himself.

Brenda said...

Such beautiful blooms. Yellow is my favorite color. How fun to have that kind of beauty in your own back yard!

Kathie said...

haha - those llamas! I was thinking they needed a cowboy to capture them - or would you call him a llamaboy? :)

Gorgeous blooms - my eyes are getting hungry for colour.

Thanks for sharing Willow!

Caroline said...

I love coreopsis. I haven't noticed any yet, but we saw lots of it this last weekend driving through the Cuyama Valley after a relaxing girls' weekend at Pismo.

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks especially for sharing the llamas chase :-) and the photo of the lupine (one of my favorites), Linda.