It's May First. Happy May Day! Warmer weather, winding down the school year. prepping the garden. It's also Friday and time to pause in this stress filled week and ponder reasons to be grateful. Large and small blessings. It's all good. Here are the Friday Fave Fives of Willow's Week.
1. I admit to being entranced with my resident reptiles. This little guy is a western fence lizard. We greet each other on the patio or sidewalk. Fortunately, he's not poisonous.
2. I'm not an adventurous cook, but I found a recipe that incorporates both tofu and kale in a yummy baked spaghetti. This one I like! Compliments of Hummusapien.
3. A unexpected whirlwind trip brought The New Boy and his mom back to California just two weeks after their Huntington Beach trip. This time, the occasion wasn't joyous--a funeral. I joined them on the trip--just a four hour drive, an overnight, and another four hour drive back. The New Boy was a trooper. On a lighter note, he discovered what you can do with a piece of fruit and a permanent marker. Meet the menagerie.
4. I love spending time with my daughter, no matter the circumstances. Can I just say how proud I am of her? I should have named her Charis (Grace in Greek) or Mercy. And of course, it was so crazy I didn't get a single photo of her.
5. I love the little things that catch my eye on a busy day.
Tiny shamrock flowers.
Not large enough to really count as flowers for May Day, but they're so sweet.