It was a slow, slipping into summer week. I love it. The blessings were just simple ones, but I am still grateful. Here are the Friday Fave Fives from Willow's Week.
1. Checking stuff to do off our to do list. Deep clean one room a day. Check. Clean out and organize shed. Check. Daily exercise--bike rides, walks. Check. I love summer! Our summer schedule is 'our schedule'.
2. Did I just write, "I love summer"? Waking up in the morning and reciting, "Let's see. Today is the Saturday we call Thursday!" It's so relaxing -- and we really need that after our crazy spring.
3. One thing I love to do is putter around in my little garden. This week I repotted my chocolate mint. It had become root bound, so I pulled it all out and replanted it. There were enough leaves on the bits that didn't go back in the pot to make a yummy cup of tea. Served with a couple of ginger cookies, it was the perfect afternoon snack.
4. I also started an experiment. I'm a huge fan of ginger root tea. Because I can purchase great fresh ginger at the farmers market, I always have a supply on hand. In fact, this spring, I had a bit extra which began to sprout. I got to wondering if I could grow ginger. I did some research and finally decided that if it doesn't work, it's not a big deal. It's an experiment. Here is my pot--we'll see....
5. I love being able to bless someone else with something I am not longer using. We had some moving blankets stored in our shed and decided to let them go. I posted an offer for them on my resource exchange group and a family who is moving out of state this weekend jumped on my offer. The dad came by today and picked them up. Win-win. I recouped a small portion of money from my investment in them and gained some more room in the shed, and they have padding for their furniture for the move. I threw in a couple of boxes and some packing paper--Yay!
How was your week? Any blessings?