What a week. Again. It seems like spring is always spent going full speed ahead. This week did. But. We survived. And now it's Friday. Friday Fave Fives with Susanne.
Here are my Fave Five from Willow's Week.
[Insert small note: as I am typing this, it's RAINING! Any amount of rain is a miracle which we so desperately need.]
1. I love poppies. They just pop up in my garden--well, it is the California state flower, after all. I picked a tiny bouquet and brought them in to the kitchen. They're wonderful while they last--but poppies don't work well as cut blooms--within a day they had all wilted and dropped their petals.
2. Sunday was the annual local hospice sponsored Garden Tour. This year's chosen gardens were...undistinguished. We had expected more focus on water wise, drought tolerant gardens considering the dreadful state of our lack of water here in Southern California. Still, it was fun to wander around other people's gardens. I did notice a color theme. Lots of orange, terra cotta, and green.
3. Also on Sunday afternoon, we grabbed a bit of lunch with The Professor's sister and her two sons. Since our own children all live far away, we especially appreciate the time we can spend with our nephews and their little ones.
4. Once a year, the performing arts dept at the university presents "Arts Under the Stars, a free evening of outdoor art, music, film, theatre and dance performances by CI students." Dragging our blankets, jackets, caps and chairs with us, we joined the throngs on the lawn in front of the university library and enjoyed ourselves immensely.
5. Lunch with one of the nephews after teaching one day this week. He works near where my Thursday classes are held. He recommended Thai food, and I happily agreed. And at the same time, some legal advice and information. It is so very useful to have a lawyer in the family :)