Here are my Fave Five from Willow's Week.
1. The high school class reunion for The Professor's graduating class was a success! We thoroughly enjoyed visiting with his old classmates. Truly, I appreciate how accepting they all are of me and other 'spouses'. Altogether, it was a great weekend. Here are a few of them who are intrepid souls and joined up to walk in the Arcata Humboldt Bay Marsh.
2. We picked up Son #2 from Stanford and he helped with the 675 mile drive home. That's the fave--The Professor (and I) got a break from driving.
3. Said son has flown away again. This year he will be nearer his sisters on the east coast since he was given a post doctorate position out there. At least we had him around for a few days before he took off again.
4. On our nightly walks in our neighborhood, we often meet an older couple walking slowly up the hills. They are adorable. He holds her hand; she walks with a cane. We always share 'Good evening' and other pleasantries. One morning this week they drove past me as I was walking and stopped to say hi. Shyly, she told me, "Today is our fifty-fifth wedding anniversary." Happy Anniversary to them! This made my whole week happy!
5. I've been plowing through the lesson planning. As of this writing, I am 1/3 through the lessons I need to write for the year. That's a fave because I can now sorta kinda see the light at the other end of the tunnel.
Bonus: I've been going through my photos from the trip and as usual my favorite shots are all close ups. All of them are flowers or flora of some kind. Here are some for your (and my) enjoyment.
I hope you've had a great week, too!