There is a meme going around this month titled August Break. I noted it at Tracy's blog, so I thought, "Hmmm, why not? It's August."
Of course I've missed the first six days, so I'm jumping in at day #7. Maybe I'll go back and catch up; maybe not.
Day #7 is: five things about me.
1. This one isn't a secret. I like to knit. A lot. All the time. Every day.
2. I am a simple living advocate. Years ago, I taught a little class in simplicity because people found out I was passionate about simple living. These days, the simplicity movement has moved to include minimalism. While people would not refer to me as a minimalist since we own a smallish house and two cars, we certainly own much less than our neighbors. Our focus is on enjoying our family and all those non price tag things--walks, gardens, beach views.
3. I am steady and steadfast in my Christian beliefs. The Westminster Confession states 'Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.' That's me.
4. I eat a whole food, plant based diet. Cuz I want to live a long time and watch my grandkids graduate from college. That's why I exercise, too.
5. I am not afraid of spiders. Or cockroaches. I used to be scared of worms, but I'm not any more. Snakes I'm a bit wary of.