Thursday, August 27, 2015

Green, Door, Recipe

More of August Break.  See Susanna Conway's blog for the list.

# 25  Green


Green provides a beautiful background for a lovely lavender aster,
but green marsh in the foreground takes over the view of the redwood trees in the background.


#26   Door


Fortress Ross wooden door


#27  Favorite Recipe

I don't make my favorite cinnamon rolls exactly like this anymore since I no longer eat eggs or dairy and I use whole wheat flour.  But oh my, they are still delicious!


SOUR CREAM CINNAMON ROLLS

Patricia Blem (The Oregonian)


1 cup sour cream
2 TBL oil
3 TBL sugar
1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 large egg, unbeaten
1 pkg dried yeast (1 TBL)
2 ½ cups flour

Heat sour cream to lukewarm.  Stir in next 4 ingredients until well-blended.  Add egg, then add yeast until dissolved.  Mix in flour.  Knead. 
 Cover with damp cloth, let stand 10 min. Roll dough ½ inch thick.  Spread on 2 TBL softened butter.  Sprinkle with 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Roll, then cut in 1 inch slices.  Place in greased pan to rise.
 Bake 20 minutes, 350 degrees.

3 comments:

ellen b said...

Love that door from Ross. I'm going to copy that cinnamon roll recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Gracie Saylor said...

Hi Willow! I have been back from my galavanting for nearly two weeks, but am just now catching up with your galavanting and latest projects :) Belated Happy Birthday greetings to your babies! I enjoyed the photos of your coastal trip. I got to tour Fort Ross years ago but remember the trip mainly because I saw a field full of exotic white calla lilies and another field that had new white lambs frolicking about, on our way to the fort. I am enjoying your daily photos-such discipline and interesting content! I am celebrating your new air-conditioning and appreciating ours since it has been an unusually hot summer here. Your weaving is lovely! Spinning in public is fun, isn't it? I am glad you are getting some spinning done while prepping for the new school year, too. My sister who I pictured in my last post, while she was celebrating her 50th wedding anniversary, long ago earned a scholarship to Stanford University and attended there a year. It is fun to know that you have a connection to Stanford, too, through your son. When I think of my life's purpose, I too have embraced, "The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever. " xx

Tracy said...

YUM to all of these... and especially the cinnamon rolls... LOL! ;o) That door is amazing, such beauty. I like how the iron has stained the wood... Happy Days ((HUGS))