1. So my first fave is an obvious one. I'm thankful I am ready with lessons through Christmas. My goal is to have at least the basics of the whole course worked out before classes start. I'm half way there.
2. While listening to the training dvds, I am able to simultaneously do some spinning of very brightly colored yarn. I finished spinning this beautiful wool fiber which was gifted to me by a friend.
Details (if you care):
4 oz merino wool
from Judy's Novelty Wool
Color: Dew on the Moab Desert
What shall I knit?
3. Excellent meeting with the other teachers in the IEW program. Wednesday afternoon we met and did business--sample lessons, supply distribution. What started out as my friend learning this program to teach to her children, then teaching other kids, then inviting me to teach, has grown to include six teachers and an admin! It's a blessing to me to work with dedicated, like-minded and passionate teachers. Our goal is to change the world through teaching writing! Think: a bad idea well presented can influence the world. (Hitler comes to mind) How much more can a good idea well presented do to change the world!
4. Some days are like this: you just have to stop on the side of the road, hop out of the car and enjoy the peaceful view. [Pt. Mugu beach next to the Navy shooting range where lots of Navy people were practicing and qualifying for their shooting competency, so it wasn't quiet]
5. Last Sunday The Professor preached (three times!) at our church. He was pleased to be invited to preach and spent A LOT of time preparing. It went well. My two take aways (he calls them 'so whats') were the most important things Jesus said after His resurrection that He wanted His disciples to know: He is alive. We are to tell everyone we know that He is alive. (Acts 1:1-9)
How was your week?