Wednesday, November 11, 2015

November Thankfulness #10 and #11

November 10th
I am thankful for beautiful autumn colors.




November 11th
Today is Veterans' Day in the US.  11/11.
I am thankful for this day for two reasons.  First. today is my son and daughter-in-law's ninth anniversary.  Happy Anniversary to Chaplain Dan and his wife!  Second, since it's Veterans' Day, I am thankful for my husband, my son, my son-in-law, my father, my uncles who served and still serve in the US military.  I checked the time this morning as I was enjoying a cuppa with The Professor (a free one for him, as a veteran) and the time was 11:11 on 11/11.  Perfect timing.

6 comments:

Monica said...

we had such a dry summer that our fall was non eventful. There was no color at all.
Green...to....dead brown leaves. :(
Yes, so thankful for our Veterans!

Faith said...

I'm thankful for our veterans too and the freedoms we get to enjoy here in America. and totally thankful for our beautiful autumn here in NYS..and for all that lovely color!!

ellen b said...

That really was perfect timing...
Thankful for your family's service!!

Anonymous said...

While driving into town today I was feeling thankful for all the colorful leaves still on the trees; grateful for the lingering beauty, though they're definitely thinning out and fading.

Brenda said...

We have so much to be thankful for, don't we?!

Tracy said...

Such loveliness, reminders and thankfulness!! :o) LOVE all that color! ((HUGS))