1. This is a picture free post. That is not my fave. The fave is that my camera was lost but has been found.
2. The reason I was separated from my camera. The Professor and I attended our alma mater's reunion Thursday night (which is also why my Friday Fave Fives are so late). Because I was an original member of a singing group started by the director of the music department the year I was a freshman, I was invited to sing in a mini concert with others in the group from all the years it was in existence. The Professor and I took lots of photos but somehow in all the excitement of seeing so many old and long time friends, we put down the camera but neglected to get it back in my bag. That college reunion was The. Best. Time. We reconnected with people we haven't seen for
3. The Professor's father was registrar and teacher at the college for many, many years. So of course The Professor knew more people than I did. He reconnected with a man who he has known since they were one and three years old. [Yes, we have made plans to see them next weekend!]
4. I can still sing. If you don't sing much, you may be bored with this fave. Here it is: I usually sing second alto. Although I have a wide vocal range, I am most comfortable singing alto. So my friend and I practiced the alto parts over and over, both on our own and together, until we felt a little bit confident that we had the music down OK. Then when I arrived, the director asked if I would switch to soprano. I agreed. It wasn't too bad... (A little hint here: if you can't sing it, fake it. Mouth the words.)
5. Facebook. Earlier in the week, a former second grade student posted an old photo of me with her. She is holding her student of the month certificate. Her caption was thanking me for being a blessing in her life. Lots and lots of people 'liked' that picture -- more than 70. Having students return and thank me makes all the difference in my attitude about teaching. Of course I teach anyway, but being thanked just makes my day, week, month, year, life.