1. It was hot. We broke heat records. One afternoon, I checked the temperature at my car as I drove from class and it was 89F. In February. I love this time of year when (if it's not raining) the weather is exceptionally pleasant.
2. All the flowers have decided to bloom.
It's the very end of camellia season.
But, I spied the first California poppy by the side of the road.
3. I marked three books off my 2016 book list!
Simplify Your Life by Elaine St. James (and I passed it on to a friend to read!)
Mini Farming by Brett L. Markham
Keep It Simple, Keep It Whole by Pulde and Lederman
4. Driving in to my neighborhood this afternoon, I pulled off to the side of the road, hopped out, and snapped this photo of the ornamental plum tree blossoms in the foreground of the Santa Monica Mountains. I think the plum trees are blooming a bit early this year. Do you notice the rock formation which looks like a castle along the skyline? That's completely natural--just rocks. I am truly thankful for the place I live.
5. My artists group is back meeting again! We are reading a thoughtful, inspirational book together and meeting during Lent--sort of our Lenten study. Oh it was wonderful to sit around a table and share and chat. We may have stayed an extra hour and we may have rambled down a few side trails. Just so happy to be with each other. Do you have such people in your life?