1. My knitting patterns were in a mess. Normally, I store them in a couple of three ring binders, but the binders were over full and showing their ages, so I replaced them with new binders and reorganized the tabs.
2. I also reorganized the binders of warranties/instructions/receipts for things we own. For the fronts of all the binders (see #1), I printed up sheets to identify categories of what is in each one.
3. Then, I went through a few other files and either consolidated or cleared out excess to make it easier to find what I need. I do love me some organized files.
4. Every day I have made a point of being outside for awhile in the morning and the afternoon in the sunshine. Mostly I've puttered around in the garden and done things like repot some plants or moved containers to sunnier (or shadier) spots. I'm pleased to report that all of the sweet potatoes plants are still alive.
5. Something in a conversation with one of my girls triggered a memory and so I pulled out my files of ancestors' records. I've been reading through them and am simply amazed at the history of my family. In more than one family tree, I (and The Professor, too) can claim the right to belong to the Sons and Daughters of the American Revolution. One of my great(times N) grandfathers crossed the Atlantic Ocean from England and landed in the New World in 1636. One of my dad's cousins was an enthusiastic (and excellent) researcher and shared all her information with me. I loved just sitting and reading about my family.
I hope you've had a week where you've noticed your favorite blessings!