My Fave Five from Willow's Week:
1. A bit more gardening was done. Mucking around in my garden is at least as much fun for me as harvesting the produce. I planted kale and spinach next to the snap peas.
2. I also planted six sweet potato starts. This is a first for me, so I've made a little experiment to determine how best to grow sweet potatoes in my garden and planted three different ways. After watching several youtube videos, I still couldn't decide on how to plant them. So I thought, "I'll just try all three." It'll be fun to check out the results in about four months.
3. Saturday was a beautiful day! We hiked in the Satwiwa area of the Santa Monica Mountains. It's very mountainous (hence the Santa Monica MOUNTAINS) and so after we left the valley, it was all up and down. (I'm planning a more detailed post on the area since I've hiked it several times since the May 2013 Springs Fire which roared past my home and on into this area, burning all the vegetation to the ground.)
4. The poppies are blooming everywhere now. I love these cheery, cheeky flowers--our state flower.
5. I love our nightly walks. We decided that if we are going to walk every day, it would have to be in the evenings since our schedules are dissimilar and every day of the week is different. We often meet the same people out walking which is always pleasant. And best of all, for the first time ever, I'm taking some interest in astronomy. Finally, I (sort of) understand how the moon works, how it changes moon rise through the month.
It may still be winter, but it's March. Soon, soon, it will be spring with more garden and more hikes and more poppies.