How do you keep track of your blessings? Your wonderful weekly favorites? Do you have a gratitude journal in which you nightly note the three (or four or five) best things from your day? I am not so good at keeping any kind of a diary or journal, but I always think that I will be able to remember what has blessed me during the week so I can write my Friday Fave Fives. Well. Evidently, I have a terrible memory. In my defense, I have two rather full days on Wednesday and Thursday, so my brain doesn't function optimally on Thursday evening or even Friday morning.
Like this week. I was tired Thursday night and felt like "I just don't care" when it came to writing up my Fave Fives. It's not really true that I don't care, but my brain wasn't working real well. So I figured I would write my Friday Fave Fives first thing in the morning before I left at 9:00. Huh. That didn't happen. So I am rather late to the game as they say. Fortified with chocolate and coffee, I will attempt to force my brain to remember the best of the best from this past week.
Willow's Friday Fave Fives with encouragement each week from Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. That chocolate I mentioned. I have a policy that if a student (or former student) is doing a fund raiser, I will help the first person who asks me. So, I agreed to purchase some See's Candy last month. It was delivered on Thursday morning. I may have already eaten several pieces...
2. Sometimes a Fave isn't about what you get but what you give. This is actually a win-win. We are doing some changes on the side of our driveway, removing red volcanic rock and white decorative rock that's been there since before we moved here nine years ago. Two neighbors are thrilled to be the recipients of that rock. We have been pulling it out and delivering by the bucket load and they are happily placing it where they need to do some fill in.
3. A couple of days ago, I posted about all the purple in my garden. Well, there's been purple on my needles, too. I know this photo makes the hat look blue, but it's really closer to the shade of the flowers. (I know not why colors are off.)
4. That hat pattern is a Fave. It was a free pattern from Pickles in Norway. I've been in a bit of a knitting slump--just bored and trying to focus on being enthusiastic again about it. I decided that I like this pattern enough to make it in several colors. Purple. Check. Green. On the needles. Light Lavender. My next project. We'll see how many Close Cables Hats I make before I am bored with this easy and cute pattern.
5. Few things make me happier than seeing my garden grow! We have kale and spinach ready for harvesting!
So. What has bubbled up to the top of your consciousness this week that you recognize as a blessing, a Fave from your week?