This week my focus has been on little things. Sometimes that is a good thing. Not every week has to be 'amazing'. But I'm still thankful. Here are Willow's Week's Fave Fives, linked to Susanne's Friday Fave Fives.
1. Garden. An offer for free broccoli starts. Planted five in my garden for another experiment.
2. Garden. The sweet potatoes are growing. Some better than others.
3. Garden. This seems to be a theme... We ate our first snap peas and I had a salad today with spinach and kale, all from the garden.
4. Garden. Do you know what this plant is? It's cotton. Brown cotton, to be specific. Yes, I have another experiment. Will they grow?
5. OK. Changing focus. Knitting. I do love my hats! I've finished four and am nearly done with the fifth. How many will I make before I am bored with this pattern? I found it interesting that when I was working on the green hat, two people commented on how they like the color--and it is my least favorite.
Bonus: The fruit man at the farmers market gives me the apples which he can't sell because they are bruised or have small rotten spots. Magically, they turn into dried apple slices in my dehydrator. Over the past two weeks, I've cut and dried A LOT of batches of apples!