1. I didn't expect to be driving all over the place this week. But that's how it all turned out. Son #2, Dr. Mike, was here for two days before leaving for another adventure in Western Australia. (Maybe I should rename him "Indiana Jones".) So that involved two trips to Los Angeles plus some fun side trips to favorite stores where he could gather his supplies. Any time spent with our boy is a fave since we don't see him on a regular basis! Even time sitting in the car is treasured time.
2. An added bonus was that while Dr. Mike was choosing the right back pack and the warmest sleeping bag, I found a great shirt to wear while I am hiking this summer. It's UVP treated, long sleeved, but also thin enough to wear in summer.
3. We didn't expect to be attending a friend's memorial service. We had a trip to our old stomping grounds where we attended college and where we lived during some of our early married years and where we attended church during our home assignment times. We found out on Wednesday night that a celebration of the life of one of our very dear friends from those years (and from The Professor's childhood) was on Thursday evening. So we drove the 1 1/2 hours to participate in her memorial service. So many of our college friends were there that it seemed like a college reunion, too.
4. The Professor turned in his grades at the university so we truly are on summer break! We thought he would be finished on Tuesday, but he decided that spending those days with Dr. Mike was more important, so he finished on Thursday, but still before the deadline.
5. I have been looking for some pots to use for plants outdoors on the patio. Finally, we found some at our local garden store. When I couldn't decide which to buy or find two identical pots, The Professor said, "Just get them both." So I did--because you can never have too many cute pots for even cuter plants.
Query: has anyone of you switched to Windows 10? There may be a desert of photos displayed here until I figure it all out. The above pictures are displayed solely because The Professor is a wizard of technology. So far, I am not a fan...of Windows 10.