I was truly tempted to title this post May Day! May Day! I think everyone in the Northern Hemisphere is happy that May has arrived bringing spring and flowers and showers and sun. I know I am happy that's it's May. It's also Friday and that means celebrating Friday Fave Fives with Susanne.
1. These trees! Every year I look forward to finding the first blooming jacaranda tree of the season. Usually jacarandas bloom in May. They burst into brilliant purple after standing in nondescript anonymity all year long on streets and in parking lots.
2. May Gray. Normally I'm not a fan of gloomy gray days. But in May and June our climate is
highlighted lowlighted by 'early morning coastal fog and low cloudiness'. The clouds help keep the late spring/early summer temperatures down.
3. Because of visitors coming, I put extra effort into having my whole house clean and uncluttered at the same time. Usually I will focus on one part of the house and then the rest is ignored and gets cluttered up. But visitors prompted a whole house pick up. The cleaning isn't the fave--the tidy house is.
4. Quiet mornings when I can sit and relax while sipping my coffee.
5. Birds. They chatter. They chirp. They sing. I love listening to them.