1. The Professor and I attended a thank you brunch for volunteers at the county fair. We do enjoy helping out and it was nice to be thanked. I even received a five year award.
2. Tuesday: maybe the best day of the week. I just stayed home and didn't get farther than the mailbox. I'm thankful for summer days.
3. I have decided to branch out a bit in creativity. My sister-in-law inspired me to begin artistic journaling. So this week, I bought some pens and pencils and just started.
4. The Professor had fun this week. He designed, planned and executed the installation of a drip irrigation system. This way the watering of the garden will be automatic when we travel. The best part? I think it was the solar powered control box.
5. I love to hike. Today, I joined a couple of other people for a hike up Conejo Mountain which overlooks my community. Five+ miles with lots of up mountain and down mountain. I think I'm going to be sore tomorrow.
[That road making the sort of left hand bend in the middle of the photo? That's Highway 101, El Camino Real.]
The views were amazing although the sky was hazy because of the smoke from the wild fire just north of us.
(Below--memories of the fire that swept along the mountains three years ago.)
What are you thankful for this midsummer week?