1. Reagan Library and the Vatican Splendors. We spent a lovely day with friends at the Presidential Library and the special exhibit from the Vatican. So many highlights! So many moving moments and displays. But everyone's favorite is always Air Force One and Marine One.
2. Much of my week has been focused on preparing for and working at our county fair. Our guild has a booth and I worked there demonstrating spinning the first two days.
(Did you notice the blue ribbon? Our exhibit earned first place in our division, and we also received an award for education.)
3. One of the days, (probably because we won the awards), we were featured in our local newspaper. Every year, every day of the fair, one of the reporters does a story on some part of the fair. His stories are always fun to read. Who knew that he would come interview US? Here's the link to videos and article. I think everyone enjoys Tom's columns because they're funny and not about negative stuff in the news.
4. Best news ever: Son #2 sent a message saying, "Just got my seat. Almost there!" and then, "Shutting down over here." And finally, "On the ground." Back in the USA! He has been away all summer researching but is back now. That makes my mama's heart happy.
5. In other children news, two had birthdays this week. Although we can't celebrate in person, we always make sure we all communicate our love and felicitations in calls, emails and texts (and cards or packages delivered by USPS).
How was your week? I hope you found many blessings!