Friday, September 23, 2016

Presentations, Anniversaries, Birthdates

Friday Fave Fives, a little bit late.  Here are Five Wonderful Events in Willow's Week.  Thanks to Susanne for always hosting Friday Fave Fives.

1.  I've been focused on a project I am presenting this weekend.  The title is Textiles in Indonesia.  All week, I've been searching my old photos, scanning a few, taking new photos of the batik fabrics and Papuan strings bags and woven bags I own, and double checking my facts.  I'm enjoying reviewing (and reliving) this part of my history.






2.  The Professor is doing his magic with my photos and miraculously producing a power point presentation for me.  I am so thankful to have a tech savvy and willing husband.

3.  Cool evenings for walking.  The weather has been perfect for our night walks.

4.  Happy Anniversary to my youngest daughter and her husband!  It has been TEN YEARS!


5.  And finally, last but certainly not least--very dear friends introduced a new baby into the world on Thursday morning!  My daughter was privileged to be there and help in the delivery room.  I feel a bit like this is a new grandbaby.  Her photos already melt my heart!

13 comments:

Gracie Saylor said...

Hi Willow...just catching up with your last few posts and enjoying your recounting time with family members and friends...as well as some of your thoughts about spiders...they are being entirely too creative weaving their webs inside our house, in my opinion. The handwork you show in this post is however wonderfully creative, and I know your presentation will be interesting. I hope you enjoy giving the presentation and I wish I were there to enjoy it, too. Happy Autumn! xx

ellen b said...

Lots of good things here. Those bags are really cool. New life is always so sweet! Have a wonderful weekend.

Monica said...

Those bags are really nice! love the colors and the style. My hubby is very tech savvy as well. It's great because I don't really care for knowing much about the computers.
congrats to your daughter and her hubby! That's quite a milestone. :) And being a part of new life in this world is such a blessing! Hope your weather continues to be nice. Those walks a wonderful! :D

Mereknits said...

Wonderful textiles. Happy Anniversary to your daughter. Have a great weekend,
Meredith

Barbara H. said...

I think it's so neat to discover different crafts in different parts of the world. If I ever had to do a power point presentation, I'd definitely need help to put it together, having never done one before. Glad you've got good help so handy. Happy anniversary to your daughter and son-in-law.

Jerralea said...

What a wonderful week! New life, celebration of love, and interesting projects ... not to mention cooler evenings! May it continue!

Faith said...

I love that the evenings are cooler but i do NOT like that it is dark by 8 pm.

yay for a 10th anniversary and a new baby!! there is nothing like holding a newborn!!

You must have had so much fun going back through old photos....I am doing that myself for a Xmas project I am working on for my inlaws. I love to see the changes!

enjoy the rest of the weekend...Im kate due to just getting back from NH as our youngest had a college tour there yesterday at UNH @Durham on the coast and then we had to play in the icean for a bit and then we chose to ifnore the interstates and take the backroads through NH, VT and down into our area of NY

snoopydogknits said...

So many things to be thankful for! Always lovely to busy and have variety in life! Ros x

Karen said...

That's the sweetest bride and groom photo I've ever seen. Happy 10th anniversary!

Gattina said...

To look at old pictures I love too ! We still have quite warm weather for the season !

Summer said...

Love your photos! The bags are cute ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Deb J. in Utah said...

Congrats on 10 happy years for your daughter and also for having a new baby in your life. Very interesting pictures of the Indonesian textiles. Hurray for husbands who help when we need them! Have a great week.

baili said...

happy anniversary to your daughter may she see many more,and happy birth day to new comer .loved your art craft reminded me my late mom who used to knit so fondly and profoundly