1. Here is a favorite portion of the Patrick Compline:
May God shield me,
May God fill me,
May God keep me,
May God bring me this night,
To the nearness of his love.
The peace of the Father of joy,
The peace of the Christ of hope,
The peace of the Spirit of grace.
2. Last Saturday, The Professor and I spent our morning learning about traditional California native plants which were/are used for traditional medicines. The presenter was a very knowledgeable young woman and was an excellent teacher. We wandered around the Santa Barbara Botanical Garden with her and several other people (including a former student and her mom!). We learned so much!
A couple of interesting specimens
Mallow (Malva spp)
Horsetail esquisetum arvense
3. A friend gifted me this from her garden for my birthday. Isn't it beautiful?
4. I do love a clean house. And there's nothing like expecting company to get me to clean my house!
5. Speaking of company, guess who's coming today? My dear PAL! (And her daddy and mommy!) Can't wait!
And, just for fun and your viewing pleasure, here are two more photos of our California poppies which are blooming and blooming and blooming! This spring, the flowers are extra ordinarily large, maybe because of all the rain we received this winter.
Enjoy your weekend!