1. May Gray has become June Gloom in our weather. Cloudy and foggy may not be every one's fave, but I enjoy the cooler, gentler days. We even had a bit of light misty rain one morning.
2. In thinking of the typical weather of this season, I was reminded of something else. Sundown is a bit later now so our evening walks in the neighborhood are not in the dark. I like that because I don't have to concern myself as much with making myself noticeable to the occasional drivers. And we are outside and can notice the beautiful sunsets.
3. This week, I decided to check how many books I had on my kindle. I discovered I had
4. And of course while I'm reading, I'm knitting, too. More hats. The yarn stash of the kind I usually use for the beanies is dwindling.
5. A time of refreshment--one of my artist group friends is traveling to Alaska for a couple of weeks to volunteer in a community where people come from all over the world to work in the canneries during fishing season. I spent an afternoon with her just enjoying her company, praying with her for her trip, and appreciating her paintings and pieces of pottery.
See? When I sit and think about my week, I find so much for which to be thankful!
And here is more jacaranda eye candy.. photos from other years. Obviously, I just can't get enough of these beautiful trees!