Although we are still experiencing June Gloom most days here in Coastal Southern California, it is obviously SUMMER.
Thank you to all of you who expressed concern and care for me last week. I am feeling much better and the bruising and swelling are nearly gone. Although I still have lots of stitches in my gums, I almost feel 'normal'.
1. It's those longer evenings when we walk and it's still light out.
2. BIRTHDAY! The Professor celebrated a milestone birthday. Remembering how their mother gave each child a penny per year per week for allowances, The Professor's sister presented him with the appropriate number of pennies to celebrate.
3. He chose dinner. Persian cuisine. Oh yum!
No photos because, well, we ate it.
4. I am finished with one summer project. I decided that I wanted to knit down my stash of two different yarns that had been building up in my yarn drawers. Lots and lots of hats.
Kid sized hats
Now I have plenty of hats to sell at the various venues where I'll be spinning this autumn.
4.And this is how much of one kind of yarn--the remnants fit into a quart sized baggie.
5. This retired thing means that we do most of our errands together. That means library, grocery store, some meetings, and one final trip to the university.
The Professor waited a couple of weeks to access some files he wanted to finish and save because other people were using the particular computers he needed (don't ask me; it was all Greek to me)
While he was in his office, I wandered outside to enjoy the beauty of the campus.
Before this property was a state university, it was a state mental hospital. The original buildings were built in California Mission style and the university has chosen to keep as many buildings as possible and renovate them. It's a stunningly beautiful place! He will miss teaching there (but not the grading!).
Bonus: As we head into the Fourth of July weekend, I am thankful for the liberties I have as an American. I do not say that lightly. The freedom I experience is not really a right but a privilege.
Do you have plans for the holiday?