Friday, September 08, 2017

Friday Fave Fives #hashtagfun

Yikes! It's Friday evening and I'm finally posting my Friday Fave Fives.  Where do the days go?

1.  I found a couple of books at the friends of the library used bookstore.  Normally, I just browse my favorite area, but this week I picked up two from the gardening section.  #canthavetoomanygardenbooks

2.  Not all books are fun and entertaining.  Currently, I am reading a book which was recommended to me titled Chasing the Scream.  I'm not sure what I think about it, but the subtitle The First and Last Days of the War on Drugs told me from the first that it would challenge me.  Drugs are a problem.  What's the answer?   #warondrugs

3.  Anyone who knows me also knows I hate to shop.  However, I really really needed some casual and casual dress tops.  I live five miles from a major shopping outlet mall.  So, The Professor pushed me to go and find some new things.  Success!  Now I won't have to shop for new clothes for a long time. I hope.  #canibedoneshoppingnow

4 and 5.  This week I spent an inordinate amount of time with two different friends on two occasions.  I've been friends with one of them for forty-nine years a long time, since we met the first week of college.  The other has been my friend for thirty-one years  almost as long.  You know, we could just talk for hours, and we did.  It's refreshing to connect on that level with long time friends. #oldfriendsareablessing

How was your week?  Any books you've read?  Any goals reached (like finally buying some clothes)?
#sharethefun #fridayfavefives



9 comments:

ellen b said...

#funfavefive #gladforshoppingsuccess #happyweekendtoyou

Faith said...

It's funny you shared about shopping because the older i get the LESS i like shopping for clothes!! I just can't stand the mall and the outlets which i love are an hour and a half away! drives me crazy. But I need some new pants for working on the floor with preschoolers (we are allowed to wear jeggings so that helps). I LOVE books and glad you found some that are your faves as well as challenging. The war on drugs...so sad.

I'm reading a fun one that my fave Red Sox player wrote....Papi's story. And an historical fiction one set in 1915 and 1947 and both characters (one from each year) are now meeting in 1947. it's marvelous. Set in England and France.

YAY for longtime friends and getting together...one of my fave things too!

happy weekend!!

Susan said...

Very cute way to write your FFF with hashtags. I don't use them very often because I am not sure how to do it.
I read one book that Barbara (from FFF) recommended. I wanted to read more, but that just didn't happen this week. How fun to collect two more gardening books and to pay a great price for them. Nope, you cannot have too many gardening books.
The main goal I reached was some decluttering. And I do NEED to go shopping. And that is not a fave activity for me, either. Hurray that you are all done with that for a while.
I hope your week is a good one, Willow.


snoopydogknits said...

That all sounds like a very lovely week! Hope this week is just as good. Rosa

Barbara H. said...

I enjoy shopping if I can find what I need, or if I am browsing with a friend (more for the social aspect than the shopping) - otherwise, not my favorite thing either. Your #4 and 5 reminds me I need to call a friend I've had since early married days. We touched base at a time when I couldn't talk (family all here) with plans to call each other later, but I haven't yet. Every day seems so full, yet i want to maintain that connection.

I'm doing a word study on God's hands, and in the course of looking up verses about hands, I came across this one that reminded me of you: "And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen." Ex. 35:25. This was in preparation for the tabernacle. I have no doubt you would have been among them if you had been there! But God still has uses for wise hearted women who spin with their hands. :-)

Gattina said...

I also hate to shop and if I have too, I never find anything, but if I don't think about buying something I find it ! Crazy !

Summer said...

Connecting with longtime friends is really such a blessing :)

UplayOnline said...

YAY for longtime friends and getting together...one of my fave things too!


เย็ดสาว

Susanne said...

Had a chuckle at your hate of shopping but I'm glad your trip was so successful. That sounds like quite the book. I'm not so good with non-fiction so I'm sure that would take me forever. Alberta is experiencing a horrible drug problem right now and it's scary because of the kind of drugs it is it is putting the first responder's in big danger. I don't know if anyone has answers but I sure wish there was a very concrete way to wage war on drugs.