1. I finished a cowl for a friend who will be wearing it in Ireland next week. Details, if you are interested-- Size 9 needles, Red Heart Soft yarn, 161 stitches,
2. Time out for a walk at the beach.
Ventura Pier from both directions
I have NO idea WHY there were numerous driftwood shacks built along the shore between the pier and Surfer's Point. But they are fun art creations.
3. I can't get enough of the California poppies. These were growing in the dunes and are unusual because they are two colored--orange and yellow.
4. Our car needed some body work done on it. Finally, after many delays, I was able to take it in this week since I had a day and a half when I wouldn't need my car. The result of the mechanic's magic on the hood makes my car look like new! We have the best mechanic ever! He is kind, thoughtful, and fair, and he does excellent work.
5. An evening at the university. The Professor had worked on the lighting and worked during the rehearsal so we decided to attend the concert. Perla Batalla singing Leonard Cohen songs. What impressed me as much as Batalla's singing (LOVE her voice!) were the session musicians--keyboard, bass, drums, lute, and violin--who were excellent. (This in no way makes a statement about Cohen's lyrics, which I personally find a bit weird--but his melodies are fantastic.)
Just for fun--more beach photos.
Enjoy your weekend, friends! Watch for those favorites in your life!