Friday Fave Fives
1. Yes, more hiking faves this week. The Professor and I are taking advantage of the days when our weather is warmer. I realize that warmer is a relative term. My apologies to all people suffering with snow. Our 'cooler' temperatures are more like balmy-ish spring days for many. It did get down to FREEZING here over night a couple of nights. But we do try to fit in hikes when we can. One afternoon we walked from the local mall to where we thought we could enter the Conejo Valley Botanic Garden only to discover a locked gate. So we returned to our car and drove around to the entrance and hiked for just a bit there. The garden is small but is connected to a park and baseball field.
2. We had heard that there was a path on the south side of Calleguas Creek but had never found the entrance point for the lower section of it. So one day we set out to explore. We hiked along the edge of the dry creek bed
and came out on a major road. Thinking we could continue east, we were deterred by this:
Oh well, it was a great hike and we learned more about our city's walking paths.
3. Gifted yarn. Other people's leftovers become more hats. This yarn will soon be turned into NICU and children's hats. Already I have made a few and sold several (six!) NICU hats to a friend who will gift them to her pastor's new premmie son.
4. I love those texts that say, "Hey, do you have time to skype with PAL?" Of course! We always have time to skype with our sweet grandgirl!
5. We scored two plants of our favorite cherry tomatoes. The local hardware/nursery had just put them out that day and we just 'happened' to stop by to look for something else and spotted them. They're already planted and thriving.
So that was Willow's Week of Wonderful Blessings. How was your week?