Thursday, March 22, 2018

Treasuring March Days

All of a sudden, it is quiet again at Willow's Cottage.  After the delightful visit of my sister-in-law, we were treated with three days with PAL, her mommy and auntie.  They arrived just in time to celebrate my birthday.  But other things first in this celebration of Willow's Week at Friday Fave Fives.

1.  After I said a fond farewell to my sil when I dropped her off at LAX for her flight home on Saturday, I enjoyed a couple of hours with my walking buddy from the years I lived in Los Angeles.  There's nothing better for your birthday breakfast!

2.  We have a dear older friend, our mentor, who is suffering from the effects of a stroke.  I sent her a hand knit shawl to wrap her in my love and prayers.



3.  Yeah, I drove to LA and back on my birthday.  Fortunately the traffic was much better than I expected.  That was most likely because everyone was hanging around Irish pubs drinking green beer instead of driving on LA freeways.  Yes, I share my birthday with St. Patrick.  Lots of cards and texts and calls made my day.



4.  The best present though was the arrival of my PAL!  We enjoyed our days with her and her mom and auntie.  One day, we visited Kidscape in Pasadena.  I'd never been there but PAL's mommy remembered it from her childhood, so she wanted PAL to experience it.






Obviously, playing in the mud kitchen was her favorite activity!

There is a four story climbing tower in a cylinder, so we girls crawled and climbed to the top while The Professor held all our bags at the bottom.  A fellow adventurer took our photo at the top of the tower.


5.On the last day of their time with us, we joined them in Los Angeles before they continued their drive to Orange County to stay overnight with friends.  A visit to the Los Angeles City Library was a must since PAL's mommy had worked there as a volunteer before she met our son and married him.


There was so much more to our time together--family dinners, reading books, playing with Meema's toys, strolling around Grand Central Market in downtown LA.  These were more days to treasure in my heart.

9 comments:

Faith said...

How fun to spend time with your precious granddaughter! Yay for mud play!

Happy belated birthday!!!

I hope you have a blessed weekend!

Wendy said...

Belated birthday wishes. Spending time with grandkids is so much fun. Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely week! Mary

Karen said...

Happy Birthday to you! The shawl is such a lovely idea for your friend, and it's a beautiful shade of blue. Glad you got to enjoy your granddaughter!

Kristin said...

Hi Linda,

I don't know if you remember me, but we met at a knit group years ago and I just thought of your blog today and am so happy that you are still blogging! It looks like you are just as busy and prolific as ever! I just wanted to stop by and say "hi"!

Kristin

Susanne said...

What a cutie PAL is! Mud and kids just go together. LOL. A very happy belated birthday to you. What a thoughtful gift of the shawl.

Barbara H. said...

Belated happy birthday to you! It's good you got to see your friend while in LA. Sounds like some great times with your granddaughter and d-i-l. I'm sure the friend with the stroke felt blessed by your gift.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

How wonderful to have time spent with family and friends. I think these are the very best of times and if they include grandchildren all the better!

ellen b said...

A nice visual for your prayers that accompany the beautiful shawl. Yippe for PAL time and experiencing new things in Los Angeles with minimal traffic! Hope this week is going well.