I must say that I feel bad and sad about not reading and commenting on the Friday Fave Five posts that others contributed last week. After I posted mine, life became hectic. In fact, although I have taken A LOT of photos, I haven't even gotten them moved over to my computer yet. So this is going to be a very short and abridged version of the past week. (I will post more in the next few days as I return home and download all those photos.) But here is a short version of Willow's Week. Friday Fave Fives are posted HERE. You can join in!
1. A wonderful, fun-filled time at my high school reunion. My graduating class was SMALL- like 30 or fewer kids. Of those, nine actual graduates were there (along with several who attended the school but didn't graduate--moved, transferred schools, etc).
2. Attending our home church in Portland and visiting with so many people. We had lunch with two very special people and caught up on their lives. Then we visited with my uncle who I haven't seen for several years and is now in a home recovering from a stroke.
3. Lunch with our former prof who is STILL teaching. We managed to sit in the restaurant for HOURS and chat. Prof Hills asked us to attend a class at the college where he is now teaching and answer questions for students, which we did a couple of days later. (These are international students who are from the province where we lived in Indonesia, and we discussed our cultural challenges in Indonesia and theirs as they adjust to American culture.)
4. A day spent with my brother and sister-in-law just driving around Mt. Hood and having lunch at a favorite restaurant on the Columbia River.
5. Fond farewells and more hours, days and miles in our faithful car. We aren't home yet, but we are enjoying a new route home.