Friday, November 09, 2018

Faves in a Fire

Hello Friends, you may have heard by now that my county in Southern California is burning. Again. I am writing this while sitting in a Starbucks coffee shop.  We were notified of our evacuation as the first  to receive the notification. But. We weren't at home, so we were unable to pack anything.  However, we are ok and so is our home.

So here are my Five Faves From this new Fire. Here is the link. Hope it works! Until I can get my computer, I can't seem to link up... Www.susannesspace.blogspot.com


1. We are safe.

2. As of now, our home is safe and secure.

3.  We had a place to sleep last night.  Friends invited us immediately to stay with them.  Actually, we had numerous offers for a bed.  We were amazed and overehelmed by the immediate response of so many people offering help.

4.  Following on #3, we were encouraged and felt so very loved by so many calls, emails and texts from friends and family checking on us. Those misty eyes of mine --maaybe it is the smoke in the air; or maybe not.

5. I am so thankful that The Professor and I were together when our phones began ringing with mandatory evacuation notices. I had planned to drive up to the shopping mall by myself, but in the end I waited for him to finish a task and he went with me. Otherwise, I would have been fighting my way down toward him on very.very.very slow back roads and he would have been walking out of our area to evacuate. Together is better. Even though we took that road to our friends' home, we were together.

10 comments:

Karen said...

My prayers are with you. I was shocked to hear of the California fires on the news last night. It seems you guys haven't had a break all year. My sister-in-law's family lives in the Paradise area. They, too, were evacuated, but no word yet on damages. Be safe.

Barbara H. said...

Oh, I am so sorry! I am glad you were together and had so many offers of places to stay. I wish I could send some of our rain over your way. I hope and pray the fires go out and everyone can get home soon.

ellen b. said...

I can only imagine the traffic situation and the detours. Yikes. So glad you two were together when the alerts came.

Susanne said...

So glad to hear that you are safe. I actually came here to ask about that. What a blessing of friends in the time of need. Hope you get home soon.

Faith said...

Over here on the east coast we have been watchIng the news about CA and those fires and our hearts just break for you all. Praise God you are ok and have friends that are helping you!!! You will be added to our prayer list for sure.

Mereknits said...

So glad you are safe my friend. Such a disaster out there for so many people. My prayers are with you all.

Anonymous said...

So thankful you were and are together during this time. I'm praying for you. Mary

Gracie Saylor said...

Thankful you and yours are ok, so sorry for those who are suffering and I too am praying for comfort and provision for those in need.

nikkipolani said...

So glad to know you are safe. Hope that you will continue to be so! Isn't lovely to know people care? Even far away ones.

Tracy said...

Sooo very GLAD all is well there with you & yours Willow... So much to be thankful for in such distressing times... God Bless you all and continue to keep you safe! ((HUGS)) Also had to say--love the new look here, the new banner is very fun! :)