Good afternoon! It's Friday Fave Five time. Here is Willow's Week in Five short summaries.
1. I heard a new to me term this week for the beautiful green grass that has grown on our mountains this winter (because of the rain we've had--see below). The "emerald hills" of Southern California. I love looking up and gazing at our Emerald Hills!
2. Rain! More rain! Because of the rain storms which have blown through our area, we are no longer in drought. According to the official wording, we are now merely 'abnormally dry'. Whatever the terms are, I am thankful for the several inches of rain we have had this season.
3. And these have blossomed!
4. This happened last week, but I am thankful for it still. I was driving our car and noticed that a warning light came on the dashboard. What it was for I wasn't sure, so I checked the information book we keep in the car. Hmmmm. Low tire pressure? When I got home, I checked again. Yup. Right rear tire was almost flat. So I turned around and slowly and carefully drove the back roads to the tire store. There was no charge and the wait wasn't all that long for the repair. I am thankful for a good car, a reputable tire store and most of all safety on the roads. (and that it happened between rain storms!)
5. A dear friend of mine is moving soon. That's not the fave. The fave is that we spent a couple of hours one afternoon nursing a cuppa at CBTL and just chatting up a storm. We've decided that we need to do this a lot in the next few months. She challenges me and encourages me. It seems that until we realize we may lose something or someone, we don't carve out time with them. I'm thankful for the reminder and for time well spent.
6. A children's book I loved: A Leap of Faith by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley.
What blessed you and encouraged you this week?