Friday, February 21, 2020

Stop, Think, Be Thankful

Wow!  What a week here at Willow's Cottage!  It was busy, just plain and simple, busy.  But in the busyness, I stopped every once in a while to think, "I'm thankful for this" and "I'm thankful I can do this".  This is why I post my Friday Fave Fives every week.  It's a way for me to remember to stop, think and be thankful.  Here is the link if you want to join in:  Friday Fave Fives.

1.  On Sunday, we attended a conference.  The WHOLE conference is one that is focused on health.  This is the fifth or sixth year I have attended and The Professor went with me this time.  Excellent speakers on how to prevent dementia and other diseases through diet (whole food plant based) and life style choices.  We came home with renewed focus on what we can do to remain healthy.

2.  Usually, we don't host the sermon-based small group we attend because there are seventeen people in it and our little cottage simply won't hold that many people  But since three people were sick and six people were out of town, we were able to invite the remaining eight people to our home.  It is good that we have to keep our home 'show ready' for potential buyers and that means it's company ready, too.

3.  Lunch at Ventura Harbor with long long time friends.  I've mentioned them before because he is The Professor's oldest (as in longest time) friend.  They are moving in less than three weeks and wanted to have lunch at their favorite seafood restaurant at the harbor.  So we met them there.  Then after lunch, we wandered along the harbor a bit and ended up at a little French cafe for coffee and a bit of dessert.  We know we'll see them again soon as they are moving only a day's drive from where we will be living (when we move).

4.  A Day to remember!  Our son, Dr. Mike, was at the American Academy of Forensic Sciences. conference this week in Orange County, CA.  For those people not from the West Coast, think Disneyland.  In fact, the convention center is next to Disneyland, so we waved at Mickey as we drove past.  Anyway, we spent a wonderful day with Dr. Mike following him around as he visited the exhibitors and posters in one hall.  That was information overload for me, but it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!  We were able to meet some of his colleagues and also learn a bit more about his work. (No, he is not Dr. Bones.  He consults with forensic scientists.)  It was a day that will remain high on my list of 'best days of my life'.

Horrible photo of the three of us taken in the covered hotel driveway with the light above us.


5.  That day when NOTHING was on the calendar. Smile. Sigh. Rest.

What happened in your life this week that made you Stop, Think, and Be Thankful?

8 comments:

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

I have to say, that I love days with nothing on the calendar. On the days when there is nothing, I am so afraid that I forgot an appointment. So glad that you had a day of nothing.
Almost every conference that I’ve attended has resulted in information overload. So now I just try to take one or two things from the conference to put into practice. How fun that your husband was able to attend with you. My daughter has just decided to embark on a whole plant food way of eating. In one short week, she already feels so much better.
Visiting with friends at your own home or a restaurant is encouraging. Praying for your cottage to sell. Hurray for needing to keep the place “show ready.”
Time with our kiddos is a number one blessing. How cool to see the exhibits and meet sone of your son’s colleagues.
Have a blessed week, Willow.

Anonymous said...

It’s so great to spend time with children we don’t see too often. It sounds like some fun times with people this week. Friends and family and food! Mary

Wendy said...

Sounds like a good week but #5 would be my favourite. Not getting many of those lately with selling the house but you know how that is.Hope you've had a good weekend.

Susanne said...

Oh I do love #5. Those are few and far between. How nice that you were able to hang out with your son at his conference. Sounds very interesting. Nice that you were able to have the smaller group over to your home. And no extra cleaning for it, that's a blessing.

ادم محمود said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen said...

The day with your son sounds wonderful. And the health conference would be so interesting, too. I'm afraid I would come home with a huge list of what I need to change:( I love reading your FFF because you spend so much time outdoors, and I imagine your beautiful climate has something to do with that. Good luck with the sale of your house!

ellen b. said...

Oh how I love those days with nothing on the calendar! You three are glowing!

Bryant Lisa said...

Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.com Whatsapp or call: +2347012841542