Five Favorite Events. Every Week. On Friday. It's a tradition at Willow's Cottage. Even during a busy ramp-up-to-school time, I want to focus my thoughts and my blog posts on Being Thankful at least once a week. Susanne's Friday Fave Five is my way to concentrate on gratitude. If you would like to participate in FFF, click HERE and post your Faves.
1. While most schools have been in session for two or three weeks already, including the university where the Professor teaches, I just started my classes this week. That's an advantage of teaching homeschool kids. The co-ops can plan their own schedules. What a great first week it was! One of the students walked out of class and exclaimed to his mother, "That was fun!" It was fun for me, too.
2. I will have to 'fess up that I did not write about a particular fave last week. It was a purchase with which I'm quite pleased. After deliberating for months about whether we really needed new phones and about which phone to buy if we did, we finally decided that it was time. Fortunately, there was a deal at the phone store for a buy one, get one free deal, and so we each bought a new MyTouch phone. I am so twenty-first century now! Or I will be when I learn how to use some of the apps and functions.
3. This week I've finally been able to return to my workout group. I joined the week I sprained my ankle, and it was truly frustrating to not be able to participate. My goal is to do the workouts twice a week with the group, and then the other days I can hopefully motivate myself to walk or ride my bike by myself. The leaders are encouraging and helpful, and the other people in the group are lots of fun!
4. Cooler weather. Foggy mornings. Sunny afternoons.
5. Meals at home. I just love eating our own home cooked dinners. They taste so much better than restaurant food! The Professor makes a mean grilled salmon. Sometimes the simple pleasures are the best.
What made your fave list this week?