Happy Friday! Happy Last Day of July! Happy FRIDAY FAVE FIVES!
1. Today is my youngest child's birthday. I prayed for this girl! She's a treasure, and I will always be thankful for her.
2. Last weekend, I met my art group friends in a park. We sat in appropriate social distancing chairs we brought and discussed another chapter of Hidden Art by Edith Schaeffer. We're almost done with the book and it has been a great review for me as I had read in a long time ago. How I appreciate this group of women--just five of us.
3. After that, one friend and I walked up the horse trail by the park. She wanted to show me the sculptures and animals at one property and the vineyard at another. I love the terrain of this area. It reminds me of Italy (as it should since we have the same mediterranean climate.
4. Yes, things are moving forward and after one small glitch, it looks like the house sale will be finished in less than two weeks. [insert deer frozen in the headlights look]
5. A crew of guys from church showed up this morning to move all our boxes from storage and bring them to our home, so they can be packed into the moving truck when it is loaded. Firefighter guy and his young brother-in-law and one other man. Besides our being so blessed by their strong arms and willing help, I loved listening to those brothers act like brothers. [Smirk] Honestly, we couldn't have done it without them!
So much to be thankful for. All the help and care of people we are leaving. All the excitement of family who are expecting us next month. What are you thankful for this week?