1. While we are 'displaced', the world's best neighbors have offered their primary home to us while they 'vacation' at their beach house. We are able to be right 'next door' to our property while all the changes are happening and we can be on hand to keep an eye on the progress. I mean it, these two are truly the BEST NEIGHBORS EVER!
2. Two other friends answered our plea for muscles and showed up on two Saturdays this month to help us move big things like pianos and bookcases and beds into the storage pods. BEST YOUNG, STRONG FRIENDS EVER!
3. My former TA, Miss P, came over on Saturday and helped me pack up the last minute items like the refrigerator food and the pantry. We work together well, having had two years of practice in the classroom. BEST PACKER EVER!
4. This school year, I have two different teacher assistants assigned to three of my classes. Partly, they are in class to observe and learn the program I teach, but mostly they just help in whatever way I ask them. I truly appreciate their help and input in making our classes run smoothly and efficiently. BEST TAs EVER!
5. Our mechanic is fantastic. He is experienced. He's honest. This week he gave me great advice on a automobile check up and changed my windshield wiper--for free. BEST MECHANIC EVER!
I am so thankful for these people who act selflessly and kindly in our lives.
And again--I am dipping in to the archives for photos... four years ago this weekend, we were in Northern California--Humboldt County where we both have roots...celebrating The Professor's high school reunion. It's a place of rolling surf and fog, gigantic Redwood trees and hanging moss--so very different from where we live now.
Happy Weekend! Be Blessed!