Hello, Friday. First week of summer 2022. We have been enjoying the long slow sunsets of summer solstice time. Here are my Friday Fave Fives where I slow down and ponder the blessings of the week. Click on THIS LINK to join Susanne and the rest of us in being thankful.
1. Oh my, it has been hot here. I am so thankful for air conditioning!
2. Our extra grandsons are still here. But they have found an apartment that will accommodate both of them AND their parents who are arriving next month. And jobs, they are getting jobs.
3. We truly enjoy having the 'boys' here. I tell them I am taking advantage of their strong muscles to do the hard stuff around here. Last night, they cut up all the branches The Professor lobbed off the over growing tree. It would have taken us hours to do that. The 'boys' finished in less than a half hour.
4. We celebrated Father's Day with family dinner in a small local restaurant that serves both Greek and Indian food. Yum-yum! Win-win!
5. Father's Day. Yes, what would Fave Fives be without my mentioning how thankful I am for The Professor? He does it all. Makes salads. Does the dishes. Manages the finances. Pays the bills. Makes the bed. Goes grocery shopping. Sacrifices his time for his family. Chauffeurs the grandkids everywhere. Leads Bible studies. And he does all this being 'retired'.
This is still my favorite photo of him even though it is decades old. The Professor sitting on the steps of our bush house in the village of Mouyeba, Papua, Indonesia.
What are you thankful for this week?