Friday, June 10, 2022

June's Second Friday

 I am a bit late posting my Friday Fave Fives this week because I have been having too much fun.The Professor and I are on a road trip!  Before we left, we had a few days of fun and blessings.

1.  On Friday night we went with both daughters and some grandchildren to watch Hamlet at Shakespeare in the Park.  This is a tradition and we always enjoy watching whatever Shakespeare play the company chooses to produce. 

2.  Late on Tuesday night, our doorbell rang. We opened our door to welcome back our 'extra grandson' and his older brother who have arrived in our town. Yes, they and their parents are moving here!  We are so excited and happy to have this dear family near us.  And while we are gone, the boys are caring for our home. 

3.  We love traveling. Again this June we headed west to Iowa to attend The Professor's family reunion which will be this Sunday.  So the travel is fun adventure for us. 

4.  Another special reason to visit Iowa is to visit a very dear friend from college.  We spent two wonderful days and evenings with her. Of course, we never ran out of things to talk about.  The Professor has known her all her life too as their fathers were in college/seminary together.

5.  The Professor loves trains , so what better thing to do than take a train ride on a very old train that runs on tracks going through his mother's childhood county? It really was fun to sit in an old rail car and travel through the area where his mother lived as a child.

Since we are traveling, I may be a bit haphazard in responding to comments around blogland. I will do my best when I have connection to wifi.

Have a blessed weekend!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

What fun! Enjoy your travels

Susanne said...

They do Shakespeare in the Park here too but haven't the last few years because of Covid. I've never been but have heard they get a good crowd. How fun to share that with your family. How exciting that your extra grandson is moving back with his family. Road trips are fun and how wonderful that you were able to a couple of special reasons and visits to be included with yours. And how neat to take a train. I haven't been on a train since I was 10 when we visited family in Hungary.

Jerralea said...

Willow, sounds like you are having a wonderful time! And I know how excited you must be with your family moving close to you. I was on cloud 9 when my daughter, SIL and the twins moved to my town after being in the military. (And I'm still very happy about it!)

nikkipolani said...

Definitely too much fun! It's great you get to have more of your favorite people nearby. Safe travels, Willow!

Tom said...

...I had made a comment before, but perhaps it went to spam. Your barns remind me of home, which where I enjoy being.