Yes, I've been MIA for two weeks. Two weeks of very busy activities. Looking back over my diary entries, I realized that I have been home only one day. Since my daughter's surgery, The Professor and I have been doing daily chauffeur duties. Through all the busyness, I still see blessings popping up. F Here is my list of Friday Fave Fives for Willow's (Two) Week. If you want to join the Fave Five group or read several more people's five blessings for the week, click on the LINK HERE.
1. School started for all three local grandchildren. Because Tall Boy's mom was out of state due to work responsibilities, he stayed with us and we had the privilege of attending the very busy high school open house with him, setting up his freshman year schedule, meeting his teachers and walking the labyrinth of the school hallways. We also attended Little Warrior's open house and met his teachers. I am thankful we are nearby and available to interact with our grandchildren and their teachers.
2. One day last week was really really hard. We lost our beloved granddog Shep, the Bernese mountain dog. No puppy was more loved than Shep. The only blessing from this that I can pull out is that the vet made sure he did not suffer and until the very end, he knew he was loved.
3. Trail Life Troop had its Crossover Ceremony this week. Both grandsons participated and they literally crossed over a bridge during the ceremony. I love watching them interact with the other troop members and love how they shake hands and salute.
4. The garden is slowly winding down, but I picked enough tomatoes, basil and oregano to make another batch of tomato sauce. As I type, it is slowly simmering and the aroma is filling the house.
5. There are still green beans, kale, and raspberries producing, so we are eating well from the garden. And flowers are blooming. I managed one photo of one of my favorite cottage garden flowers--cosmos. I am so thankful to have enough space to make a garden.
Remember to give thanks in all things!