Give us discernment
in the face of troubling news reports.
Give us discernment
to know when to pray,
when to speak out,
when to act,
and when to simply
shut off our screens
and our devices,
and to sit quietly
in your presence,
casting the burdens of this world
upon the strong shoulders
of the one who
is able to bear them up.
And I love to focus on things that bring me joy and gratitude. FRIDAY FAVE FIVES does that for me. Every day, I think, "Oh! This should be in my Fave Fives this week!" And then on Friday, I have the opportunity to review my week and be thankful again. (Follow the link and join in!)
1. Even though we are planning to move, we still want our home to look its best. So we have been working on the border of our property to add edgers along the property line. That way people can see exactly what is the property they would own. It's a lot of heavy work, but it is going to look great.
2. I have spent hours and hours this week in the garden. It's small, but I love it. I pulled the weeds and added some plants.
I had just read an article about Spilanthes, and lo and behold, there it was in the garden center! I just had to have it. I would be likely to call it the eyeball plant because I think that's what the flowers look like.
Marigolds pair nicely with Spilanthes.
Another new to me plant.
Doesn't it look nice with the Angelonia?
3. Also, I worked at cleaning up my potting area. I have numerous terracotta pots which I am not using and don't plan to move with me. So I gifted them to a friend. And we spent a lovely hour social distance chatting on her patio. And my potting area is tidy.
4. AND, I had a great park date with a friend. We brought our lawn chairs and sat six feet apart and talked for a couple of hours. I am so thankful to be able to see friends face to face.
5. I love my Kindle. While I do prefer a paper book, I am thankful that I can utilize the ebook option at the library and read more books.
Bonus: Last week for FFF, I neglected to add the photos of the monarch caterpillars and raindrops on the flowers. Here they are. Enjoy! Because you can't get enough garden!