and laugh a bit. That's why I am posting my Friday Fave Fives.
Have you heard that statement, "Laughter is the best medicine"? This week, I noticed several things that made me happy, made me smile and made me laugh.
1. Saturday when we shopped at Trader Joe's, we noticed there were kids wandering around the store dressed in Hawaiian shirts, accompanied by store employees. It was 'take your child to work' day! The kids were helping in all kinds of jobs--serving snacks and stocking shelves. Cuteness overload! We loved it!
2. Our nephew has two children, a boy and a girl. Since they live not so very far away, we are often invited to dinners and birthday parties. This week, we received thank you notes from them for the books we gave them last month. They made us smile.
3. We also received the cutest Valentine card from our PAL. She's only four but she quite neatly wrote her name on it. Awwww. A little card like that can produce the biggest smiles from her Meema and Bapa.
4. So. I live in coastal Southern California where weather is steady, temperatures seldom fluctuate much and, according to legend, the sun always shines. But. This week. On Thursday, we had HAIL. And SNOW on the coastal mountains--not more than 10 or 15 miles from the Pacific Ocean (Boney Peak--over 2,800 ft). We drove over to a nearby national park (Satwiwa) and walked in to take some photos. The place was packed with other people doing the same thing. Yeah. Snow on Boney Peak is a bit unusual. It was so much fun to see it, and everyone we talked to was so excited.
See it? It may not be much and it probably has already melted away, but it is amazing and unusual for us.
5. Down in town there wasn't snow. It was HAIL! A friend posted on facebook that her son, after seeing the hail, asked his mom, "Is this a national disaster?"
Are you laughing now? It's good for you!