It has been silent here at Willow's Cottage for the past two weeks. I had planned a few blog posts, but that didn't happen. Why not? Because my computer died. It was not completely unexpected, so I did have plans in place to deal with data transfers. Or rather, to be honest, The Professor did.
But I'm back now. With a new laptop!
My first post on my new device is, appropriately, a Friday Fave Fives. Y'all know what FFF is. Every Friday I write down five things that blessed me during that past week. Susanne at Living To Tell The Story hosts this every week and if I am correct, this is the 377th edition! (follow the link to join in)
1. I am THN AKFUL for a new computer. I have been without a laptop for about two weeks. Although I tried to access and write a blog post via my phone, I couldn't do it. So I am very happy to be back 'online'.
2. Who do I have to thank for all of this? Obviously, The Professor. I am THANKFUL that he researched laptops and had a plan in place to purchase identical ones for each of us since we knew mine in particular was gasping its last breaths. I'm thankful he isn't simply tech savvy, but he is a prof emeritus in computer science and can use his knowledgeable and magic fingers to do anything on such a device, including getting all my files onto a back up hard drive before my computer completely died.
3. I'm THANKFUL I have a phone that allowed me to at least check my emails and communicate that way.
4. OK. Enough about computers and other electronics. I am THANKFUL for an easy transition for grandchildren going back to school. Two of them are transitioning to new schools--into high school and into middle school. And two are continuing to homeschool. Yes, New Boy is here daily with us as we are his teachers.
5. I am THANKFUL for the abundant harvest of veggies (mostly tomatoes) from my first garden in my new home. We've been eating lots of lettuce, kale and snap peas, too. Also, I am picking herbs daily, mostly for drying. I'm going to have some yummy mint teas to enjoy this winter. I love that I can just open the back door and walk out to the back and have all those fresh foods at my fingertips.
Hopefully, I will have photos back up and posting within a few days. In the meantime, let's focus on all the things that make us THANKFUL.