Late again, but I'm here now on this next to the last day of July. I spent quite a bit of time today waiting around for other people to complete medical appointments (I was the driver). Then The Professor and I took the New Boy shopping for clothes to wear to a wedding tomorrow--nothing fancy, but Oh My! He has been growing and growing and needed shirts and slacks and shoes that fit. Now I'm home and enjoying a relaxed evening, some time to reflect on the blessings of this past week. Here is Willow's Week in Friday Fave Fives! (follow the link to join!)
1. My cousin and her husband visited and stayed for two days. We haven't seen each other very often since we were early teenagers (her) and lower middle school (me). Maybe a total of less than 10 times in all those years. We settled right in to our childhood interactions with her bossing me around as the older cousin and me being snippy back at her. It was great! Since she is moving a (long) day's drive from me, maybe we'll see each other more often now.
2. Good news from our uncle who is 94! We were told he has been put on hospice care. My brother lives fairly close and went to see him. The news today is that he has rallied and is eating and drinking. (and is as grumpy as ever--heehee!) I'm thankful for this news.
3. So much yumminess from our garden. The cherry tomatoes, those little mouthful bites of sweetness, the lettuce, snap peas and kale! I can walk out my back door, take a few steps, lean over and pick our dinner salad!
4. Air conditioning. The heat has been getting to me. When I walk into the house from outside, it's a welcoming coolness.
5. Yesterday, we welcomed a rainy and stormy day. After a week of high humidity, it felt wonderful to be cooler. And the other reason to appreciate the rain? I didn't have to water the garden.
These are five simple happenings in my life this week--I am thankful!
I did write a post about the fairy forest we visited last week. If you missed it, you can click HERE to read about it and see the photos.