Friday, July 16, 2021

A Very Important Date

I'm late, I'm late! Cuz of a very important date!  That date was Wednesday, our wedding anniversary.  We've been married nigh unto fifty years.  Yes, we were children when we married :)

Anyway, here are my Friday Fave Fives from this past week.  THIS IS THE LINK to join Susanne and the rest of us to celebrate all the little things which make us thankful every day.

1.  Obviously, I am thankful for my marriage and my husband.  He is faithful, loving, helpful, wise.  And he actually enters knitting shops with me!  See?  We really were very young.

2.  Knitting.  Yes, I am thankful I can still use my hands and head to create things from yarn. I've been trying to use up a bit of my stash.  Fun blankets work well for using up yarn.


3.  A Sunday afternoon drive, just for fun.  We explored a bit more of the counties south and east of us.  It's all small towns and country farms.

4.  A fun little event (like 3 seconds of time) made me so very happy.  As I was driving on a local street, my younger daughter drove past me.  The grandkids recognized us and waved.  That I can serendipitously catch sight of my family as I drive through town just made me so very happy that it made my heart hurt.

5.  OK, why am I late posting my FFFs?  For our anniversary, we took our little motorhome out on a camping trip for two days, and we just pulled back into the driveway about an hour ago.  There is a state park less than a thirty minute drive from us, so we booked two nights there in the middle of the week.  We call this  our 'shakedown trip' because we haven't actually camped with the motorhome since we bought it!  Blame the cross country move, covid and winter.  Now that we have stayed two nights in our tiny home away from home, we can better assess what we need and things we want to change.  We took our car, too, and our bikes.  One morning we biked for seven miles on the 'rails to trails' path; one evening we explored a bit of the hiking trails around the campgrounds.  Mostly we sat and enjoyed the sun, clouds, shade trees, wildlife and night time firepit.

Now we're home and so very thankful for all the wonderful things that we enjoyed this week!

10 comments:

Faith said...

Oh HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Now I will always remember your anniversary because it is the same as Bastille Day and 2 days after my spiritual re-birthday and 3 days after my oldest girl's birthday. WOW...you look like teens on your wedding day!! 50 years is so special!! Congrats!!

LOVE that you have a camper. We used to until 2008 and we just loved all the state parks we visited over the years but i think our fave was Acadia NAtional Park in Maine. Such fond memories.

YAY for biking, hiking and enjoying nature. Perfect week for it.

Your blankets are very pretty.

ENJOY the weekend!! Personally I'm hoping some of this high humidity breaks again.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Anniversary - I LOVE those cute, young wedding pictures! Congrats on 50 wonderful years! That is a milestone not many people achieve! So glad you were able to have a nice anniversary getaway in your RV. Your knitted blankets are beautiful! Hope you have a good weekend.

Wendy said...

Happy anniversary. Definitely a milestone to celebrate. Sounds like you had a nice trip away. Hopefully you'll get some longer ones done soon.

ellen b. said...

I'll say it again here, Happy Anniversary to you two! That's a great idea to do a test run for camping to find out what would add to your time away. Glad you had an enjoyable time.

Mereknits said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!

Cathy said...

Happy Anniversary. I love your knitting. So pretty.

nikkipolani said...

What a terrific post! Happy happy anniversary! Wonderful to have a drive-by family visit :-) Glad you've had a test run of your tiny home and had fun exploring.

Susanne said...

A very happy Anniversary to you both! The camping trip sounds like lots of fun. Running into your grandkids made me smile. How wonderful. I have no grandkids yet but when I do I would want them to live close by too.

Barbara Harper said...

Belated happy anniversary! We want to do the same with our RV one day--take a nearby overnight trip with it to see how it goes, if we need anything we didn't think to bring, etc.

How sweet to live so close to family that you run into them unexpectedly in town.

Diana Studer said...

Skimming your posts - and a window into a very different life to mine. We've tried camping - he loves it, I loath it.