What made you smile and be thankful this week? Some weeks, it is just the small things. Other weeks, it is huge, amazing things. Whatever God brings in to your life will have ways for you to be grateful. Here are FRIDAY FAVE FIVES from Willow's Week. (the link takes you to more!)
1. When I was at Costco this week, I wandered into the fresh veggies and fruits area where I don't usually go. Imagine my delight to find RAMBUTAN! What's rambutan, you ask? It's a tropical fruit, similar to lychee, that we loved eating when we lived in Indonesia. The name mean 'hair'. The reason is obvious when you see the photo.
2. What's not to love about finding a package on your front porch that you weren't expecting? And it contained BOOKS! My beautiful, thoughtful, book loving, librarian daughter-in-law sent me some books by a new to me author. D.E. Stevenson. I love anything British, and this author reminds me of Elizabeth Goudge.
3. The weather has changed. Time to pull out my warm snuggly AFGHANS! And one more is almost finished, just in time.
4. Last night our family drove into the city to attend a showing of the MOVIE Ends of the Earth. It is produced by Mission Aviation Fellowship, the group of aviators who provided our only means of transportation into the villages where we lived when we were missionaries in Papua, Indonesia. As you can imagine, we were all so excited to 'see' the places we knew so well. There was even a clip of one of the national missionaries preaching in OUR little village church. PLEASE, if you have an opportunity to see this film, GO!
5. To add joy to our evening, we met a family as we were walking out of the theatre. Their family member lives in PAPUA! So we chatted and exchanged information. The sister even texted her brother--obviously we know the same people and he lives in the town where our children attended boarding school. What a small and wonderful world!
And here is some fun for you to enjoy...a sign I noticed recently in a local park. I don't think it is correct...