Ringing out the year. How are you doing it? New Year's Eve party? Staying home cuddled up in blankets watching the ball drop in London so you can go to bed early?
One way I want to celebrate saying 'bye to 2021 is to reflect on the blessings from this past year. Willows'
Week Year with Friday Fave Fives.
1. Our family has survived the big bad virus. Some of us have had it, but we are all ok. Right now, we are home because The Professor tested positive with very mild symptoms, but we don't want to expose anyone else.
2. This year, The Professor and I have made progress on making our house our home. Projects have been putting on a new roof, building a pergola on our back patio, removing the above ground pool and prepping the area for a new use (coming in 2022), installing a fence around our back area, establishing a vegetable and herb garden area.
3. We have spent every holiday with our family and celebrated every birthday. For us, this is the reason we moved 2,400 miles across the US in 2020.
4. We've been sinking our roots in to the community, getting to know people and places.
5. My love of knitting continues. I've created baby sweaters and hats for two new little ones in our new circle of friends. I've made a couple of warm blankets to add to the stash here at home. My favorite project, though, was the vest I knitted for a friend, the couple we call our coffee buddies because we try to meet every week for coffee and conversation somewhere in the county.
On to 2022 and new adventures! Happy New Year, friends!