The month has Marched in with sunshine and wind. I am happy March is here because that means the end of winter is in sight. It is the first Wednesday of March and that means Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. Is March coming in like a lion where you live? Aslan, Simba, Elsa, The Cowardly Lion...your favorite 'famous' lion?
So far, March has come in hopping around like a bunny on weed. Cold, cold nights and sunny days. At least there hasn’t been snow.
Without a doubt, Aslan is my lion of choice! There is so much symbolism in CS Lewis’s depiction of Aslan.
2. In what way do you 'march to the beat of your own drum'?
Most people live in their homes and communities all their lives. From childhood, I have been an adventurer.
3. What item that you don't have already, would you most like to own? Any chance of that happening soon?
I have everything I need and most everything I want. We have been looking for furniture for our family room. In the near future, we will be purchasing chairs and a sofa.
4. March is National Flour Month...are you a baker? Cookies-cakes-or pies...your favorite sweet treat to bake? What's the last non-sweet thing you made that called for flour?
I enjoy baking pies and cookies. Cakes, not at all.
It has been so long since I baked a sweet treat, I honestly am not sure. Maybe the Christmas cookies I baked in December? As for a non-sweet flour food, I guess it was the dinner rolls I baked for Thanksgiving.
5. There are 31 days in the month of March...where were you and what were you doing when you were 31? If you haven't hit that milestone yet, then tell us where you were and what you were doing 31 months ago? (if math is not your thing, that would be August 3, 2018)
When I turned 31 in March of that year, I was living in the jungles of Papua, Indonesia, which is the western half of the island of New Guinea (which is directly north of Australia, for those who don’t know South East Asian geography). In March, we were living in mission housing away from our home because I had just given birth to my third child, a son, and was waiting for him to be old enough to receive a whooping cough vaccination since there was a breakout of that disease in the village where we lived.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
March means SPRING!