What a week! Again! As I sit down in my recliner this afternoon, I realize that we have been 'running' all week, and finally this evening we will have some 'down time'. In the midst of all this busyness, I need to stop, take a breath and remind myself that there is so much to be thankful for in every busy day. That's why I do my Friday Fave Fives every Friday. (follow that link to join Susanne and the rest of us in being thankful)
1. I am thankful I have the energy and stamina to keep up with the schedule we have right now. One thing we have added to the daily list is picking up our granddaughter from track practice. Truthfully, I am happy to do this because it means that she is on the high school spring track team and working hard on running and on high jump.
2. This week is the beginning of Lent. My "Art Girls" group is meeting via zoom and studying Brother Lawrence's book The Practice of the Presence of God. I have read this small book before, but every time I reread it, I glean much from Brother Lawrence's wisdom.
3. I am thankful for a quick visit to the doctor which reassured me that the pain I have been experiencing is not something to be concerned about.
4. A good report from the dentist is always a fave for me.
5. We have had a couple of days of spring-like weather. Yes, I know that the winter temperatures will return, but it was so so nice to have those days of respite from the cold. I was even able to walk around my garden and do some evaluation for the spring. AND. The daffodils are beginning to grow up and bud! (I hope the cold doesn't kill them!)
What blessings are you focusing on during your busy week?