Friday, February 24, 2023

Busy Bees

 What a week!  Again!  As I sit down in my recliner this afternoon, I realize that we have been 'running' all week, and finally this evening we will have some 'down time'.  In the midst of all this busyness, I need to stop, take a breath and remind myself that there is so much to be thankful for in every busy day.  That's why I do my Friday Fave Fives every Friday. (follow that link to join Susanne and the rest of us in being thankful)

1.  I am thankful I have the energy and stamina to keep up with the schedule we have right now.  One thing we have added to the daily list is picking up our granddaughter from track practice.  Truthfully, I am happy to do this because it means that she is on the high school spring track team and working hard on running and on high jump.

2.  This week is the beginning of Lent.  My "Art Girls" group is meeting via zoom and studying Brother Lawrence's book The Practice of the Presence of God.  I have read this small book before, but every time I reread it, I glean much from Brother Lawrence's wisdom.

3.  I am thankful for a quick visit to the doctor which reassured me that the pain I have been experiencing is not something to be concerned about.

4.  A good report from the dentist is always a fave for me.

5.  We have had a couple of days of spring-like weather.  Yes, I know that the winter temperatures will return, but it was so so nice to have those days of respite from the cold.  I was even able to walk around my garden and do some evaluation for the spring.  AND.  The daffodils are beginning to grow up and bud!  (I hope the cold doesn't kill them!)


Maybe a bright yellow crocus?

What blessings are you focusing on during your busy week? 

7 comments:

nikkipolani said...

I know how you feel about those run-around weeks. It's terrific that you get to be so involved in your kids and their kids. Glad you're getting a break (weather-wise too).

#3 and #4 are always relieving to hear.

Hope your beautiful yellows survive the ups and downs of winter/spring(ish) temperatures.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I am happy to hear that your appointments were good and not bad...and that spring is starting to spring! How wonderful you are able to spend time with your grandkids, etc. That is a real blessing! Happy to see the daffodils and crocuses. We don't have those in Florida. Enjoy them for me! Have a blessed weekend.

Wendy said...

Glad your appointments went well and spending time with the grandkids is always a blessing. I don't have any daffs in my garden so last week I treated myself to a couple of bunches from the supermarket and they definitely brightened up my rooms. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Yes, having the strength and stamina to keep up with everything is a blessing indeed. So glad you got good reports from both your doctor and dentist. We have too much snow on the ground for any flowers to be blooming, but we know that spring is coming. I love the daffodils and crocus pictures. Have a good weekend!

ellen b. said...

Glad your appointment was reassuring. It is such a joy to see daffodils blooming. Hope yours survive any change in weather. Kids and sports...lots of taxiing necessary!

Karen said...

Good to hear your appointments went well. I have spring envy, seeing all of the flowers popping up on blogs. If ours are out there, they are buried under the snow. We chauffer our grandkids most days, too. It's a short run from school to daycare, just enough time to catch up and enjoy the walk or ride. And I still sigh with relief when I drop them at daycare, remembering the days when I picked my kids up from school and it meant my day was just beginning! haha

Barbara Harper said...

We've been having spring-like weather, too, with a return of 30s this weekend. Our daffodils are up, too, and I am hoping they survive the rest of winter. I'm always so glad to see them in the spring.

I'm not sure if I have ever read Brother Lawrence's book--maybe once a long time ago. But I've heard quotes from it over the years.

It's good you have the stamina to keep up with all that's on your plate just now.

I'm glad your medical visits turned out well.