Christmas. Come and gone. How was your Christmas? Ours was busy, noisy, and full of blessings. We did have a white Christmas and it was very very cold.
And now we are looking toward New Years Day this weekend. Where did the year go? Here are my Friday Fave Fives, the last one for 2022! The link will take you to our host Susanne's blog.
1. Christmas Eve service was lovely. The Professor was on duty to do lighting, so Older Daughter sat with me. I love singing all the Christmas hymns!
2. On Christmas Day, we were up early. The Professor busied himself with making his special coffee cakes, one gluten free and one regular. And made coffee and more coffee. I finished placing stocking stuffers at the fireplace and presents around the Christmas tree and set the table for brunch. The hordes arrived, nine people in all, so we were a loud and happy group of eleven. There was so much food--bacon, sausage, eggs, rolls, fruit, and more.
3. After brunch, we opened our presents. Having our extra family with us was so much fun. These are the four very close friends--mom, dad, two young adult boys--who moved here from SoCal in the summer. We love having them here and part of our family.
4. While some of us finished cooking up dinner, the rest of us watched a couple of movies. Elf! White Christmas!
5. In the evening, we chatted on zoom with our CA and AZ family who couldn't be with us here. The only one missing was our oldest son a USAR Chaplain who is away on deployment right now. I know he was busy blessing many soldiers while they are all away from family and friends this holiday season.
Can you believe it? I didn't take even ONE photo! We were just so busy having fun!