One thing I love about Fridays is the opportunity to participate in Friday Fave Fives. (follow the link!) FFF is a group of bloggers who choose five events from the past week that focus on a blessing or opportunity to experience or express gratitude. Believe me, some weeks I need the reminder when I get to Friday.
1. Just enough rain so I don't have to water the flowers and the gardens. Twice this week. And rain means a respite from the exhausting humidity. Nope, I'm not used to that horrid humidity, yet.
2. This girl graduated from Kindergarten this week! Her mom sent a video of PAL leading everyone at the ceremony in reciting the pledge of allegiance.
3. And this
girl young lady is now a high schooler!
4. An evening bike ride. Usually, if we are going to ride our bikes, we plan ahead and do it during the day. But one evening, when it was still light out, we just decided to hop our bikes and take a quick ride. Spontaneous fun is sometimes the best type of fun!
5. I'm not sure who is more excited, the students or the teachers. Today is the last day of homeschool for New Boy. Today is also Little Warrior's last day in elementary school.
Now it is Memorial Day Weekend, and everyone (in the US) knows what that means*. Let the summer times begin!
* And Yes, Memorial Day is also a sober and somber day of remembrance of all those men and women who have fought for our rights and freedoms as a country. My father and two uncles, my father-in-law, my brother-in-law, my wonderful husband The Professor, and my son have all served in the US military. I understand the commitment and dedication and sacrifice of all involved. THANK YOU for helping to make my Memorial Weekend one of cheer and relaxation.