Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Hodgepodge in a Hurry

  What a day!  I wrote this post last night and then I didn't post it.

Super busy day.  Oops!


1.  Realist, idealist, optimist, pessimist...which one are you?  Elaborate.

Probably, I am a combination of realist and optimist.  I'm old.  I've seen life.  I am pretty realistic about life.  I guess not much really surprises me about people anymore.

2.  What's something currently on your wish list?

My wish list for travel?  My wish list for experience?  My wish list for stuff?  I want to travel to visit my cousin in Florida, my brother in Oregon.  Our plans to visit Alaska were shelved last year for the obvious reason.  I would like a retractable cover or gazebo for the patio.

3.  Three things on this week's shopping list?

Groceries:  kale, bananas, strawberries.

General:  prescription sunglasses, Travelon purse (to replace the ruined one), more soil for our raised garden beds.

4.  According to Trip Advisor here's a list of the top ten things to do in the US this summer-- Chicago Architecture River Cruise, Skip the Line Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour, New York In A Day guided sightseeing tour, Charleston's Old South Historic Horse and Carriage tour, Grand Canyon helicopter tour, Full day iconic sights of LA, Beverly Hills, Beaches and more, D.C. at Dusk guided night tour, Beneath the Streets Underground History tour (Seattle), New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat tour, Gangsters and Ghosts tour in Chicago...read more about each excursion in the link here.

Of the ten attractions listed which do you find most appealing?  Have you already experienced anything on this list?

The Seattle  Underground History tour sounds fascinating since I grew up in Portland and have heard that Portland has a similar history.  Except.  You'd have to pay me a lot of money to visit Seattle right now.  I have already experienced most everything about Los Angeles since I lived there.  We have walked all over LA and visited all the beaches (I love Dockweiler Beach in the winter!), visited the gardens, museums, and done our own tours with friends.

5.  Besides home and work, where do you spend the most time?

I probably spend the most time walking the trails and parks in the area.  I was going to say my two daughters' home, but we meet up and take walks as often as we hang out at their homes.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Too busy to think of anything!



4 comments:

Lisa said...

I, too, have been busy and felt like I was surely going to be the last one to post. We must have posted within minutes (or seconds!) of each other! Great answers!

Kirstin said...

I liked your answers. I've never done the underground Seattle tour and I grew up near there. I now live 30 minutes north of Portland. Portland is a bit crazy now too so you have to be careful when you go, so sad.

I would LOVE to go to Alaska.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I know I would like to get to Florida. We want to have a Memorial Service for my dad but still are not comfortable with flying there. Hope you get to travel soon. Yes California has so many beautiful places to visit. I was just telling my husband we need to start to visit some places again and get out of the house. Way to go on walking a lot! Have a nice weekend.

Bobbi said...

How very interesting...I'd never heard of Marionberries...but I love blackberries. I picked strawberries today and made freezer jam. I'm always shocked by the amount of sugar. Happy Hodgepodge!