Friday, May 27, 2022
Monday, May 23, 2022
Berwick is a small town in northeastern England. In fact, it is the farthest north of any town in England, closest to the Scottish border. After we left Holy Island, we were driven to Berwick by a very lovely lady named Sue who lives there (lucky woman!). She dropped us off at the train station so we could catch our train south.
Since we had a few hours to wait, we walked over to the local pub to grab something to eat. Older daughter and I explored the area a bit. I have to say that Berwick is absolutely charming. I think you will agree.
I definitely want to return to Berwick someday and explore it more!
Friday, May 20, 2022
Friday Fave Fives for this third Friday in May.
1. You know that excitement when you spot the tiny little green shoot popping up in the garden? Snap peas! Nasturtiums! Zinnias! Kale! Yay! The seeds are doing their thing.
2. Rain. Rain. And more rain. At least I don't have to water or worry about drought. "I will give you rains in their season, and the land will yield its produce, and the trees of the field will bear their fruit."
3. Our granddaughter is a freshman in high school. She is on the track team--running the 200 meter race and high jumping. She's doing great! And tomorrow we'll be watching her--the only girl from her school who qualified. Yay!
4. My sister-in-law has been my friend since high school, well before she married my brother. We live far far away from each other, but we are committed to talking or texting as much as we can. I value this relationship deeply and am so thankful my brother married my bff.
5. Zooming with Younger Son so he could update us on what he is doing and some of his plans for the rest of the year. Just seeing his face on the screen made me so happy.
A View of the Sea at Ventnor, Isle of Wight
Friday, May 13, 2022
Even in the midst of another whirlwind week, I need to slow down and reflect on the blessings I have noticed blowing my way. This is one purpose of Friday Fave Fives hosted by Susanne who faithfully sets up a link so we can share our FFFs with others (thanks, Susanne!). Here are mine.
1. Our extra grandson stayed another week and we enjoyed sharing some of our favorite coffee spots with him. He has also helped me in the garden--adding compost, carrying tools, pounding in stakes. He has been a big blessing. And he loves to hike.
2. I am happy that my daughters love gardening, too. During their childhood, that wasn't so. But now, we pull weeds together, run off to the garden center together, talk about what plants are doing well.
3. The Professor surprised me by putting something in the garden center cart this week. A little gnome! I had mentioned I wanted one, and he remembered.
My new gnome needs a name!
4. Mother's Day! Both sons called and chatted with me. Both daughters and their families met up with us after church to share picnic lunch and then walk around in the park woods. Truly, I am blessed to be mother (and grandmother) to these precious people.
5. Probably, mentioning the dentist in FFFs doesn't sound quite right. But my dentist is wonderful. He understands my fears, my issues with my jaws not numbing normally, and he works with gentleness and speed. Having an expert and caring dentist is a true blessing.
I hope you have had many blessings this week, too!