Monday, May 23, 2022

Berwick-upon-Tweed, Northumberland

 Berwick is a small town in northeastern England. In fact, it is the farthest north of any town in England, closest to the Scottish border.  After we left Holy Island, we were driven to Berwick by a very lovely lady named Sue who lives there (lucky woman!).  She dropped us off at the train station so we could catch our train south.

Since we had a few hours to wait, we walked over to the local pub to grab something to eat.  Older daughter and I explored the area a bit.  I have to say that Berwick is absolutely charming.  I think you will agree.


The River Tweed


There are always walls and pathways around them.






Eleanor agrees with me. Berwick upon Tweed is a lovely and friendly place.

I definitely want to return to Berwick someday and explore it more!



2 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh yes, I agree with you that Berwick is charming. Glad you are posting more about your trip.

Wendy said...

Lovely to hear about your trip. Yes Berwick is a very nice place to visit. Also following on from your Friday Five Post I hope you had a good time watching your granddaughter.